cutest blog on block theme

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Toothles Smiles

People who know me well have probably heard me complain about my  teeth. For some reason this topic puts me on edge--I have truly rotten teeth. So as usual (despite my prescription toothpaste and regular dentist trips) I visited the dentist only to learn I had more cavities than fingers. This meant multiple return visits and several pretty pennies. Anyone with a little baby can relate to the challenge of leaving for hours several times. I was worried about leaving the kids in the middle of the day while Craig had to take off work to watch the kids.

The first dentist appointment didn't go all that wonderfully. It took longer than expected, my mouth hurt like crazy, and Ethan was screaming when I left. On my drive home I said a quick prayer that things would be alright when I got home. I huffed and puffed up the stairs to our apartment and to my surprise came home to two happy children. Craig had done a wonderful job taking care of the kids. I walked in and my precious Elizabeth gave me the biggest toothless smile I have ever seen. It was beautiful. My eyes immediately filled with tears and I was overwhelmed with love for my kids. It was a simple reminder of what is truly important. These two little miracles in my life made me feel so much better. Ethan even came and hugged me and the smile and giggle Elizabeth offered took away all my dental worries.

I will inevitably have dentures--this I know--but look how happy and beautiful Elizabeth is with no teeth! It can't be that bad.

4 months old--can you believe it?!

2 comments:

Haylee said...

You should look into getting posts put in before opting for dentures. My mom likewise has awful teeth and she has a 4 or 5 out so far. If she had known about the posts before having some umpteen root canals and crowns and teeth pulled and teeth implants and all sorts of pain, she would have just had all of the teeth pulled, the posts put in and then had the permanent implants that go across the whole mouth. They last much longer than dentures and are much more like your normal teeth like an implant so no taking them out to soak and all that fun stuff.

Erika said...

she has the coloring of her daddy! She is adorable, and no I can't believe she is already 4 months old!