It's hard to believe but we have been in Northern Virginia for almost a year now! Which means two things: our lease at this apartment is expiring, and we feel like we have been here long enough to figure out where we want to buy a house! After nearly five years of saving (fortunately Craig even longer) we plan to make that major financial investment and enter the phase of life known as "homeowners"--scary. (I can't believe how complicated all the options and the corresponding math is!! Thank heavens for all of Craig's accounting classes at the Y!) I am also looking forward to living somewhere with the intention of staying longer than a few months finally! We have been married for four years--almost five, and moved six times. I grew up with my family moving fairly often and it never seemed to be that much work:) Guess it's different when you are the one responsible for getting all that junk boxed up!
Anyway, after one failed attempt in a bidding war on a cute little house I was very sad. There are not many homes here we can afford (anyone who has been to this area can vouch for my sticker shock). Luckily another house in the similar area opened up--a house that is actually far better for us. We have put in an offer, had it accepted, inspected, and now we are pretty much just waiting to move in! I know it's never actually for sure until you have the keys in your hand but we are feeling pretty good about it. We will hopefully soon be owners of a nice colonial, two car garage, big fenced back yard home nestled safely into a quiet cul de sac! It's so much more than I even dared hope for! But, like I said....no keys yet:)
I will keep you updated--cross your fingers all goes well!
Anyway, after one failed attempt in a bidding war on a cute little house I was very sad. There are not many homes here we can afford (anyone who has been to this area can vouch for my sticker shock). Luckily another house in the similar area opened up--a house that is actually far better for us. We have put in an offer, had it accepted, inspected, and now we are pretty much just waiting to move in! I know it's never actually for sure until you have the keys in your hand but we are feeling pretty good about it. We will hopefully soon be owners of a nice colonial, two car garage, big fenced back yard home nestled safely into a quiet cul de sac! It's so much more than I even dared hope for! But, like I said....no keys yet:)
| We are hoping this will be our new personal playground! |
I will keep you updated--cross your fingers all goes well!
2 comments:
That is so exciting! We're excited for you (but I'm also not so secretly coveting your possible new house).
great back yard- one must get a dog and a dog door to simplify you're life!
Post a Comment