cutest blog on block theme

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Two months old with a new blanket!

Now that she is two months old, I have finally finished miss Caroline's baby blanket!


To my credit I bought the fabric before she was born but didn't even start cutting until after she was born. It became my therapy quilt. Every time in the last two months I needed a moment to myself I worked on her quilt. I can't believe how relaxing and enjoyable it was to put together! Since we didn't find out if Caroline was going to be a boy or girl this is my version of a "gender neutral quilt" I love the bright summer colors since she was born in July--during the hottest week of this year! I hand quilted and tied the quilt just for fun. I thought of my Grandma Rose while I made it. She still makes beautiful quilts and quilts them all by hand. It's almost a lost art. It inspired me to go back and look at my quilts from her and just appreciate them a little more:) When I worked at the Springville Museum of Fine Art we had a quilt show and I was surprised at how few were hand quilted! Anyway....I enjoy quilts...and just art in general:)

This pretty girl also survived her two month shots yesterday. She was a trooper, but I still think it hurts Mama more than baby. While the nurse was giving her shot she pointed out that she looks like me! The first person to say it (besides my own mother of course) It warmed my little mommy heart:) I guess when she is unhappy and in pain we have a similar look...hmmmm....



3 comments:

Kiersten said...

It's beautiful Heidi! Love the colors. Glad you both survived the shots. :)

Becky Rose said...

cute quit! I'll let grandma know about it!

Sarah said...

You are so talented. The quilt is beautiful, and Caroline DOES look like you-- like all your kids do. Only perceptive people see it though. :-)