I am sure I am not the first mom to have this idea--but I still felt pretty ingenious when the idea occurred to me. Ethan loves to paint but I hate to clean up messes...pretty much in any form, so he paints with water and all my old art brushes on colored construction paper. It's just like painting to him and when it spills, it's only water! When he tries to paint the table, walls, and himself--it's only water! He says over and over "I painting me Mama" and I say-- "go for it!" it's actually just a bath.
| We had been outlining his hand and when I left him alone for a minute he started doing this. He said he was "drawing my head". |
| This would be the outcome of his simplified silhouette. Is he a genius or what? |
He has a display on one wall where he gets to hang up his art. He was very excited to add his paintings to the wall but was sad when he went back an hour later and the paintings had disappeared--so we go to do it all again. This has kept him occupied for days now.
3 comments:
Love it! I must find you more of these no mess ideas. He can do this on rocks too. Have you discovered Pinterest yet? Lots of ideas there. I'll look and find you some!
Great idea! I'll do this with Daniel, especially since that boy doesn't really like to get his hands dirty in paint lol
You need to know about Seth Adam Smith. Here's his wedding invite:
http://sethadamsmith.com/author/sethadamsmith/
Post a Comment