It's a girl!
My doctor ordered and extra ultrasound at 36 weeks to check on a condition I had with Ethan called polyhydramnios (basically you have way too much amniotic fluid). Not super excited about the condition, but we got to have an extra peek at our little one and now we know it's a girl.
She is unusually active they said because she has so much extra room with all the fluid. The technician kept saying, "wow, I have never seen a baby move this much this far along...your ribs must be killing you" hmmm...I could have told you that! Everything otherwise looked good they said so we are not worried. We are getting very excited to meet this little girl with my due date only three weeks away!
Ethan is getting ready in his own way. Every time we see a baby he pretends to rock a baby in his arms and then he comes and rubs my stomach. He also looks up at me every now and then and just laughs. I think he does this because he can't see my face when he looks up--only stomach--then he gently rubs my tummy and rocks a baby in his arms. I think he is excited to see meet her also.
Craig has also done his homework to get us ready for the big delivery. After extensive research and considering many options, he has invented his own birthing method. Craig suggests I consider the "jello birthing method" (the book will be hitting shelves soon he has informed me). Similar in some ways to a water birth, the jello he believes offers better relaxation and aroma therapy. It also cures the problem of any hunger or immodesty during delivery. If only the hospital would let us experiment with his groundbreaking methods.
As for mom--one day at a time:)
4 comments:
Oh, its getting so close! I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl! Hopefully she comes soon,for yours and your ribs sake!
LOL- oh my gosh- The jello! LOVE IT! So excited for you. can't wait to see her grow up!
I didn't even know! So excited!
yay for a girl! you'll love it!
Post a Comment