cutest blog on block theme

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Pregnancy comments

People always react differently to pregnant ladies. I thought I would share some choice experiences of mine.

My primary class (4 year olds) last week needed to make sure I was aware that my baby had certainly gotten bigger (don't know how I could have missed that since I gained three pounds last week!). Their major concern however was how I was possibly able to fit behind the steering wheel in my car. Somehow I manage I explained.

When I was pregnant with Ethan I constantly got the "are you sure it's not twins" reaction. One that I will never forget though was our apartment manager explaining quite seriously to me that he would prefer to jump up and down until the baby fell out. Glad I didn't follow his advice.

I think my favorite comment though was the other night at the grocery store. We were at the deli ordering dinner. The man helping us asked me how far along I was and if it was my second child. I responded yes and that I was not far enough along. He could tell I was uncomfortable that evening and he said, "you know, my mother had four children. I don't know how she did it but I thank God every day that she did." I smiled and said thanks. Then I came home and cried and thanked God that this man had said something kind and encouraging to me. I am sure he had no idea.

Funny how little comments we make seem to have such an impact.

2 comments:

Becky Rose said...

what a sweet man! enjoy being pregnant! tell everyone else to jump in a lake!

Erika said...

Everyone shows differently, and you're so thin that pregnancy is probably just magnified on you. People should be nice, I bet you look really cute.