cutest blog on block theme
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Finding a healthy balance for an unbalanced family
Lately I have been thinking about the food we eat. This is not very common for me because I have always been of the attitude that eating is a waste of time--other than the whole survival issue. Now as a mother to a 17 lb 1 and half year old lagging behind in the -6 percentile I find my own food issues hitting me harder. We have also discovered recently that Craig has fairly high cholesterol (a family trait I would wager since he eats pretty well and exercises often). I cannot be left out of this equation either. After nursing Ethan for a year I dropped quite a bit of weight without really realizing it. Down to the "freak out level" as the Dr. calls it--a battle I have fought my whole life.
So, with mom and baby working to gain weight and dad working to level out to a healthy cholesterol we are kind of stuck at evening dinners. Lunch is where we try to really divide. Craig has gone vegetarian for lunches while me and Ethan have ice cream and cookies for lunch--not really but we do always follow up with a treat which of course kills Craig, the one member of our family who actually enjoys eating. I just can't figure out how to do dinner other than make two dinners. Me and Ethan need all the butter and protein we can get, while Craig needs vegetables! If anybody has any ideas we would love to hear them!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
no ideas, but I thought this was cute!http://www.activityvillage.co.uk/handprint_shamrock.htm
Post a Comment