cutest blog on block theme

Friday, September 11, 2009

Having a baby in the big city


Today I went in for my usual check up (you know, the one where you wait an hour and then spend two seconds with the doctor who then rushes out) and I realized, the most expensive part of getting this baby here will be the parking! (no joke)

After driving my 20 minute drive to the world famous Houston Medical Center, finding my correct parking garage (which was full so I got to park on the ceiling in the rain--don't worry I held my pepper spray close the entire time) then taking the elevator down nine floors to make my way through the labyrinth of halls across to another elevator where I then ascended 19 floors--I made it.

I should add you can see the hospitals (well some of them) from our patio and french doors. It is an awesome cityscape view of the medical center and serves as a constant reminder of what I would want to call pending "doom" but will, I am sure, in time be seen as a place of joy. I do take comfort in the fact however that I will be delivering this baby just a tunnel away from the countries best children's hospital. So I guess the parking fee is worth it--right?

4 comments:

Becky Rose said...

Take pictures of the place. We want to see Houston!

Erika said...

You are one brave soul! I couldn't do it without Greg going with me and I definately would consider just going to another hospital in a smaller town. So again, you're one brave soul!

Kiersten said...

Hey, I know this post is already kind of old- but you know how I am about checking blogs... I know how you feel about the crazy huge cities. I feel so lost here when I try to find my way around the city without Eric. But somehow, from what you've said about Houston- it almost seems worse!

Love you! You'll be fine!

Cammie Smith said...

Hey Heidi!! So, you followed the link to my blog, and commented, which led me to follow the link to your blog...and here I am. And this is how you make me find out you're having a baby?!! Haha, it's been awhile. It sounds like things are going really well for you guys. I need to give you a call one of these days. Meanwhile, do you mind if I follow your blog? :)