cutest blog on block theme

Thursday, July 28, 2011

30 weeks and counting

30 weeks pregnant. For some reason it sounds so much farther along than 29 weeks. Who ever thought of counting a nine month pregnancy by weeks anyway? talk about tedious.

Well, I am 30 weeks pregnant....no more...no less. We still don't know the gender but I have a hunch it's girl. Ethan often points at my tummy and then pretends to rock a baby in his arms. I am not sure he really realizes what's going on (if any of us do) but he loves to kiss my tummy which is too cute. I have learned to be careful about telling him when the baby is kicking because the first few times I did he started kicking me in the stomach! In his mind he is the baby. Half the time we ask him where the baby is he points to himself with a big grin, but we are getting there. No doubt it will hit him most assuredly when our bundle of joy comes home!

My pregnancy has been healthy and I don't feel like I can really complain. I have so many pregnant friends right now on bed rest, or constantly medicated--so for a pregnant lady I am doing amazingly well. After a little scare when Ethan was born with my confused blood type we were thrilled to learn this time around that Craig is a B- blood type! Which mixes nicely with my AB- blood. I guess we were made for each other:) So things have been good, and we have been blessed.

When I was near the end with Ethan I really missed the agility that a smaller body offers....that is probably the hardest thing for me. Soon I will be able to run again--without looking like a penguin:) Until then I will enjoy my large feminine body the best I can, and thank Heavenly Father every day for the beautiful little boy already in our lives and our second blessing on it's way.

1 comment:

Becky Rose said...

Very sweet Heidi. I can't wait to meet the 2 little people!