We are moving to Virginia!
At the end of this week we are packing up for the trek across the country to the land of milk and honey...or just a job that requires significantly less travel for Craig! We are excited to have him home more often and though we will miss our pseudo vacations all around the country with Craig's business trips, it will be nice to not fly so much--especially since we have to start paying for Ethan's tickets soon.
We are headed to Northern Virginia where Craig will work in Tyson's Corner for a company called Booz Allen Hamilton (a technology consulting firm). Still not sure where we will live...details, details....but we are working on that even as I type. We were able to visit D.C. last year around this time and it was a wonderful trip. We enjoyed the cooler weather and how beautiful it is. I am glad for the excellent school systems and wonderful historical sights. I love history and plan to visit as much as possible.
We are excited in many ways for the change but also sad to leave friends and familiarity behind. It's always hard to move (as a girl who never went to one school more than three years except BYU...I guess I am use to change) but we will learn and make it work. We had dinner last night with two other couples who moved to Houston from northern VA recently and wanted to tell us how wonderful it is there and how much they miss it.We have had amazing friends here and can't wait to make new friends in VA.
4 comments:
Heidi! That's so exciting!! I know you love change so it's good for you. And you'll be out of Houston and it's bed reputation for violence. Many good things are happening. I will miss you being way on the other side of the country from me, but that's what internet is for. YAY! for Craig!
We are excited to visit you once you all are out there! And I will keep hinting to Eric that we should also try to head out that way. :) Hope you have fun with your family this week, give me a call when things aren't so crazy for you!
a place to stay for sight seeing perhaps??? Fun for you!
NO WAY!!! I can't believe it! Congrats to you guys on the new job! I know you have loved visiting that area of the country so that is exciting you will get to live there now! I am bummed because we are going to be in Houston on May 14 and we were hoping to see you guys but it sounds like we will just barely miss you! Now we will have to plan a trip to the east coast instead! ;)
Post a Comment