If you haven't noticed from other pictures, his thumb is a permanent installation. When he was first born it was the back of his hand or first two fingers. At around two or three months he discovered the thumb and it rarely comes out for even a laugh.
Ethan loves to pull faces at us. Sometimes we catch him pull these hilarious faces aimed in our direction when we are not looking. He does this flexing-scary face thing that just sends us rolling. This picture is the end of a funny face--I am still working on catching the actual 'look'.
Books. Ethan loves to read. His favorites include Hop on Pop (64 pages of rhyming nonsense which I am now dreaming about I have read so many times), Brown Bear Brown Bear, and anything with a flap he gets to turn. Past favorites were Elmo's Counting and Numbers. The week pushed 6 teeth--yes, 6 teeth in one week--the only thing that helped him calm down was reading books in bed. (He must be my son)
This is probably not so unusual but just an interesting fact about Ethan--he crawls faster than lightening. He is still not walking (14 months) but his crawling proficiency works for him. The other night I took him visiting teaching and I sat him on the floor. He looked at each of us in the room and when he realized we were not paying attention to him, he laughed loudly and took off crawling so fast he was almost a blur to the human eye. Of course he went straight to the mirror my visiting teachee had on the floor leaning up against the wall--you know, something highly breakable.
Some of his favorite foods include bread with peanut butter, green beans, hummus--just straight, ice cream of course, and freeze dried yogurt treats. We have had a difficult time getting him to eat and I started clapping and cheering after each bite. He now claps for himself after each bite he takes. He is just so proud of himself!
Ethan's favorite toys are his dog tent, any blocks, anything that makes noise, and puzzles. Although he almost always would prefer a book to a toy.
One toy Ethan has plays a symphony after after he pushes all the buttons. I think once I pretended to conduct the music when it came on and ever since then he ALWAYS conducts music now. It's pretty cute.
A funny love of Ethan's is string. I can always tell when he is getting tired because he will find a string--no matter where we are--and suck on it while also sucking on his thumb. He loves strings on blankets--tied quilts are his favorite because of this. Sometimes when he is upset I will give him a ball of yarn or spool of thread and the string makes him happy.



1 comment:
he's darling. they are all so unique.
Post a Comment