cutest blog on block theme

Thursday, March 5, 2009

New Years Resolutions

I am so stereotypical. (which is honestly one of my greatest fears...eeee) but I actually made a new years resolution--to work out more. I know...sounds lame, sorry nothing more exciting to report. Craig and I started this little goal back in October. I have a free gym membership with my company so we jumped right in with that perk. Unfortunately, so did everybody else. Ever since Jan. 1st that place has been slammed--we can't even park close, we jog to get there!!

Tonight I was observing all the different people that I see every time I go. Lots of old women in matching adidas pants and vests, weird married couples who show up in pajamas and hope their children obiedently watch them on the elliptical, guys who apparently don't understand the point of headphones and sing aloud (that's right, I am talking to you Eric), as well as every other type of person you can imagine. Meanwhile I kind of wonder where I fit in...I don't think I hum outloud with my music but can I really be sure? oh well. It's usually the highlight of my day. I like feeling like I am in decent shape. The other night Craig, Eric, and me went for a jog down toward the lake. Of course Eric wasted me even while singing the whole way--he's crazy, but I LOVED feeling like I could do it. It is kind of like a Jack Bauer moment for me.

Unfortunately, I sit at a desk all day otherwise.

I have a friend who does Grand Canyon rafting tours every summer (of course she has the awesome schedule of a school teacher so that works for her)....maybe I should get that job...with the intent of getting her summer job:)

ultimately, what is the point of all this?





That's right baby--french silk pie whenever the heck I want it.

5 comments:

Becky Rose said...

Halarious! wed night I had a cookie attack and went to Safeway, bought 7 different bags of cookies and spent 20 dollars. They are still not all gone. I'm carting them back and forth from work and home every day. of course I am not in good shape. I could stand to loose 20 to 50 lbs. YUCK!

Becky Rose said...

oh, I also don't believe in new years resolutions. Us Mormon's are always working on improving our selves some way. I have a theme instead. It's a scripture, a hymn, or a quote from a GA in conference.

Sarah said...

I love it!!! So what are your favorite machines at the gym? It is truly a love hate relationship for me and the gym! But I, like you love my TREATS!!! So, the gym and I remain good friends. Eat some pie for me!

Erika said...

I love you Heidi! I feel like a fat mama, that's why I work out but I love treats too. Tomorrow is my b-day and I plan to eat Ice Cream 'cause that's my fav. so I worked out today with the hope that it would help. I can hope...

kenders said...

Great job exercising together.